Friday, October 28, 2005

Chance to catch up

This weekend is an opportunity to catch up. Last weekend I had developed what I thought was "man-flu". Listed amongst the typical symptoms are headaches; fever; lethargy; congestion, etc. Rather than milk the position I self administered some pills bought at Asda [once I had found them in the cavernous hall - another story] and for a week I felt definite improvement. It was only last weekend that the hacking cough started, it kept me awake, it kept Sarah awake. Rather than sympathy, I got moved to the spare room so Sarah could get some sleep [well she is pregnant]. Only after three nights of tossing, turning, and waking through near suffocation did I relent and go to see the practice nurse.
Walking into the surgery for the first time in, well since I joined the practice as a new patient - so since April time, it's now a computerised log-in by gender and date of birth... what happens if twins have appointments on the same day for separate but equally embarrassing conditions? Anyway I digress, the nurse saw me whilst drinking her soup and sucking on her shortcake biscuit. I walked out with a prescription for anti-biotics for the chest infection.
The chemist gave me 500mg pills, I've never had a problem swalloting pills, but these are biggies. CHEST INFECTION, I said, but wanted to shout at the unsympathetic at home, "look at the size of these pills" I said, "would have been the smaller ones if you'd gone last week" was the response!
So I am now starting to feel better and this weekend may well be the perfect weekend to catch up with some sleep.

No comments: