Friday, April 28, 2006

Against the old firm

No, not a Glasweigan encounter, today was the first [no doubt of many] trials against the old firm for one of the files I had taken over. It was with a great deal of hesitancy that I had handled these files, I had emailed the Law Society Ethics helpline to clarify the point [believe it or not lawyers di have ethics!] turned out that as long as I had not personally dealt with the matter it was fine for me to handle...

Anyway I had read the papers and briefed counsel, even spoken to the ex-colleague who I would be up against only to have the claim taken from my grasp by my boss as she didn't think it was fair... and to check out the barrister we'd instructed. It was his first job for us, so I suppose part curiousity on the management's part.. oh yes the result, the judge kicked out the Claimant's claim, so we won. Wonder if I'm black balled there now!

No comments: