Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's Chuffing Freezing

Why is it the household appliances all go wrong at the same time? I got a phone call from Sarah this afternoon as I was preparing papers for court:
"The heating doesn't work"
"What do you mean it doesn't work"
"The control box thingy [techincal language] is dead, it doesn't work"
"What do you want me to do about it?"
"Nothing, I just thought you should know..."
[mmm resist the comment that could be made about non male gender and logic] well ok, almost!
So I sped home from work, forsaking the lure of the gym, to return to a very cold house, I fiddled and tweaked [because I am a man and that is what we do best when we have no idea what to do other than call an expert, but for some reason pride (or economics) makes you want to have a go first!] to no avail, I even went to a well known DIY store to buy a new control box for the central heating and water- alas £42 down the toilet at that stage - unless when the expert comes out he decides we need a new one then I suppose it's "money well spent".
So it's still chuffing freezing!! Double duvets and socks all round tonight...

No comments: