Saturday, February 18, 2006

Seduced by the dark side/ seen the light

The opinions vary… seems as though it depends which side of the fence you tend to sit on....
I have decided to leave my present employer and have accepted a job with a firm that acts for insurers and multinational client’s defending personal injury claims.

The opportunity was too good to turn down, a decent pension, an increase in the number of holiday days and a decent salary increase. My decision is referred to as either being “seduced by the dark side”, and I did feel a little Anakin Skywalker moment (without cowl and lightsabre) when I handed my notice in, but subsequent chats with acquaintances with similar employers have left me with the overwhelming impression that I have seen the light – not quite a “Saul on the road to Damascus” revelation or event, but……….. Perhaps there is a mental shift that is taken when a decision is made for a role reversal.

The head of HR is not around until next week, I have asked to leave this employment early, I have requested the end of March as a leaving date, it’s convenient as it’s the end of the holiday year…. And it means I can have three weeks under my belt before leaving to take leave when our second child pushes it's way out of a hole the size of an orange.

If I metamorphose and stark wearing a dark cowl and laying waste to worlds with my lightsabre please let me know….

No comments: