Wednesday, December 06, 2006

We present "The Marvellous Flying Elspeth"

The fright of our lives last night - or at least level with the Sarah dropping Elspeth out of the carry cot incident when she was barely 2 weeks old - I was running a bath for Jemima and Elspeth, I grabbed a towel for Jemima and casually asked Elspeth to get her towel which was in her room. The next thing I am aware of is the slow motion sight of Elspeth almost cart wheeling down the stairs.

I saw stairgate and daughter careering down the stairs.

My heart raced as I ran the four steps to the top of the stairs to see Elspeth face down about six steps from the foot of the stair. Dashed down the stairs, to grab her, met almost simultaneously by Sarah as Elsepth wailed...

On hearing Elspeth [and being seemingly suddenly abandoned by her mother, Jemima joined in the crying]. Miraculously Elspeth was a little shaken and briefly shocked, but escaped without a scratch!

It appears the dodgy looking stair gate was entirely so and when Elspeth leaned too firmly against it... the rest is above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how scary

so glad she is all ok.