Sunday, December 04, 2005

Eureka.... the quest for the perfect weekend






Coming home this evening from Southampton I had a groundbreaking thought, I imagined a state of Utopia. That weekend when we walk through the door and don't turn around and say... "We've left 'a' at' b's' house", we were close... Sarah thought it was the toothbrushes, I said no as I'd got those, nothing else came to mind... then I realised I couldn't find my blasted mobile phone... I mean what did people do before mobiles and no one was privvy to half of an intimate conversations on public transport? People would always have 10 pence in their pocket for emergencies [now it's 20 pence - all you guides and scouts!]

Anyway, missing mobile apart, we had a superb time, Karen's house is beautiful, very quiet, well decorated and in a very pleasant area, very easy to find. I should've known the weekend wasn't going to be all plain sailing. The M18 had speed restrictions and lane closures, the A34 had one lane closed for barrier repairs, commencing 06:00 Saturday 3rd and ending 24:00 Sunday 4th, so ideal timing, we spent 25 minutes going 3 miles, we were late for arrival at Karen's house. Nearing the M271 I asked Sarah for directions, she said one of the pages of the route finder was missing - yes, the important bit, from the M271 to Karen's house, sorted one phonecall later [see a mobile telephone can be useful!!]. When preparing for the party, yes, I'd left my shirt hanging in Doncaster, so a replacement was sought after a quick trip to Asda...

Yesterday we went to a party for BCF, good to see old faces, I must admit a lot of the recognisable old faces weren't there so it was fun with Karen, Dan Elaine and the kids. Elspeth attached herself to Isaac with a proximity field of about 2 feet, it was as if there was an invisible chord between them. I missed it but apparrently they were kissing at some point, Master Pitt better beware....

This morning we had croissants AND chocolate muffins extra special breakfast. And then we went to Netley and the Royal Victoria Park where there was a train and a single shore with loads of shells, and a train and a victorian market.... did I mention the train...?

Bird feeder - it's too dark to see, but I filled it on saturday morning so don't call the RSPB....

No comments: