Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hitchcock was onto something

I refilled the bird feeder this morning before leaving for work. As I stepped out I saw movement in the bush, turning to pick up the feed box I heard them twittering behind me. I could feel them sizing me up for a sneak attack. The bush moved and I have visions of being mobbed by starving sparrows, tits - blue and coal, blackbirds and thrushes. Then I noticed that the peanuts hadn't been touched, they can't have been THAT hungry, so I breathed again... It's just that the lake by work changes as the nights draw in.... come 3pm in the afternoon it is teeming with birds, they swarm like killer bees across the surface of the lake. The slightest hint of danger and they're a swarming mass of white... and they poop everywhere!!

No comments: