Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm here

I thought yesterday morning was a one off, an anomaly for a well-behaved little girl. I have my doubts as there is a pattern of behaviour emerging... I was awoken for the second morning by a little girl's face pressed into mine as I lay on my bed, followed swiftly, once my eyes opened, by the declaration "I'm here". Yes I can see that, now it's 6.50 a.m. go back to bed, were the immediate thoughts flashing in red across my mind.
Instead I lay there as Elspeth hoisted herself up and shuffled across my face to place herself in the middle of the bed, the thought of "that nappy needs changing" lingered, but only for as long as she slid over my nose.
It later transpired over breakfast that Elspeth had been awake for a while and so looked out of her bedroom window, saw it was light and so decided to get up. I'm wondering whether I should go out this weekend and buy some black paint to paint over her window... extreme?
Apparently I was coughing again last night, the last vestiges of this cold hanging on for the duration. Sarah didn't sleep, I did. I'll be glad when it's gone for good, if only to be free from the comments over breakfast....

No comments: