Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's -5 degrees outside

There must be an obscure law somewhere that says you can stay at home on full pay if the ambient temperature dips below -5 degrees C. It's just not normal... I nearly slipped over walking down the steps and as I got to the foot of the drive I slipped about 12 inches on the sole of my right foot, maybe skating to work will be an option if the forecasts about Thursday and Friday ring true. The drive to work was astonishing, the fog so thick that you cuold barely see more than 15 feet ahead. As I drove around the lake I couldn't see the office or the office lights until I reached the gate... the lake looked as though someone had poured the entire contents of a mammoth dry ice machine onto it. The view as the fog cleared and the sun shone on Doncaster gave the whole place a dream spot filter esque effect....

No comments: